Costa Rica: December 31st

After a restful night’s sleep, we woke up and had breakfast at Mitre. I had my usual – omelet and fruit – but I added some potato wedges because they looked (and tasted) amazing. John’s meal was almost identical to mine and George had pancakes, fruit and half of my omelet. This kid remains a great eater.

After breakfast, we spent the next few hours poolside.

m and g

We took turns with G in the pool and also played together as a family.


The pool definitely had a party vibe on New Year’s Eve.


Before lunch, John took George to ride a taxi truck, and to stop by the room for a change of clothes and clean diaper. I stayed behind to sun and to relax a bit.

We met up for lunch at Spirula and basically ate our weight in pizza.


We started George off with a fresh fruit plate before digging into Caprese, Pepperoni and Pepperoni pizzas. These pizzas were made in a wood fired oven and they were delicious.


After lunch, we hung out in the room for a bit and watched a little news. When George and John went into nap-mode, I did a work my last workout of 2015. I got in a nice run and did a mile walk for a cool down. All while watching iguanas sun themselves on the golf course.

I had some time to burn so I took a quick nap in the room before everyone woke up. Later, we got ready for our big NYE plans — an early dinner at Catalinas. Truth be told, I had major reservations about dining there after hearing some of the other guests giving it scathing reviews. However, I shouldn’t have worried — everything was perfect.

George had a fruit plate as an appetizer and had a beautifully arranged chicken finger and French fry dinner. Seriously, look at this thing.

fancy g dinner

I had basil gnocchi for my entree and John had the mahi mahi.


For dessert, we shared a mini chocolate cake and mini guava cheesecake. We had a really nice dining experience and I wouldn’t hesitate returning.


Afterwards, we walked around the property before retiring to our room. The resort held an epic party at the golf clubhouse, but since we had George, we obviously didn’t partake. However, I did hear the fireworks show at midnight. G and John, however, slept right through it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s