Last night, John and I were craving breakfast for dinner, so I whipped up a fritatta with sides of fruit. Easy Peasy.
Cheesy Chorizo Frittata (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small russet potatoes (about 1/2 pound), peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 10 ounces chorizo (I used a GF variety)
- 8 ounces 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and chorizo and cook, tossing occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the chorizo is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix in the cheese. Add the egg mixture to the skillet, stir once, and transfer the skillet to oven. Cook until the eggs are set, 15 to 20 minutes. Serves 4-6. Enjoy!