After a great night’s sleep, I woke up and pounded out 6 miles. The weather was cool and crisp and the neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. Total Zen. After a quick shower, I went to Massage Envy for a massage. Yay. Afterwards it was time for brunch. On the menu? PLT’s! Know what the P is for?
Pancetta! Yum! Check out my sandwich.
So tasty. While I was making lunch I also made dinner. Actually, I set things up so my slow cooker could make dinner – chicken tortilla soup!
Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
- 1.5 pounds of lean chicken breasts
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can of corn, drained
- 1 28 ounce can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 48 ounce box of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- bunch of fresh cilantro, diced
- shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Avocado, diced
Put all ingredients, except the chips, cilantro, cheese and avocado, in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once cooked, you may add the chips, cilantro, cheese and avocado, if desired. Now, this is not the best picture in the world, but here is a sad picture of my soup.
Trust me, it tastes WAY much better than it looks!