With a 14 mile run in front of me tomorrow morning, major carbohydrates were necessary for dinner. After church, John helped me prepare a very special lasagna dish. The very special aspect is that we made it together. Awwww. Anyhow, here’s the recipe…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey (browned)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 6 hot cooked lasagna noodles (about 6 ounces uncooked), cut in half – or use No Bake Noodles
- 3/4 cup (3 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375º.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through onion); cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine pesto and ricotta in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in the bottom of a 8-inch square baking dish or pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodle halves over tomato mixture. Top noodles with half of ricotta mixture and 1 cup tomato mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella.
Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Enjoy!
As you can probably tell, I added a lot more cheese to my lasagna during the last 20 minutes of baking. I’m glad I did because it was cheesy goodness!