After a stressful day of napping, watching the World Cup and cleaning :D, John and I were hungry for some comfort food. Since I am running 11 miles in the morning, I didn’t disagree. Wanting something spicy with protein and carbs, I set out to create such a dish. The result was Green Chile Chicken Pasta Bake!
Green Chile Chicken Pasta Bake
- 16 ounces chopped cooked (I used grilled) chicken
- 16 ounces cooked pasta ( I used ziti)
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of celery
- 1 bag shredded cheese (I used 2% jack cheese)
- 1 small jar of pimento
- 1/2 cup diced green chile
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a greased (or Pam-sprayed) baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Ta-Da!
I am biased, but I think this was delicious. It was light, spicy and satisfying!