John and I were married 4 years ago today! You are supposed to exchange fruit/flowers (traditional gift) or appliances (modern) for your 4th wedding anniversary. But, if I get a pineapple or Lady Epilator I am going to have a heart-to-heart with my man! 😆 In honor of our wedding, I thought I would share a few fun facts about our wedding day:
– We had 72 guests at our wedding in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. 74 if you count our photographer and his assistant girlfriend.
– Speaking of our photographer, he didn’t arrive until the day of the wedding, despite having a signed contract detailing that he would arrive 3 days earlier.
– It rained on our wedding day. No, it stormed. Fortunately it stopped raining long enough for us to marry in an open-air Catholic church in the old town square.
– The only thing I consumed before my wedding was a pina colada and a shot of tequila. Yeah, this Baytown girl kept it classy! 😉
– Our wedding was in Spanish. And, I don’t speak Spanish. The only parts I understood were the parts my girlfriend translated for me, as well as the homily (prepared by the priest) that she delivered in English.
– June 3, 2006 was the happiest day of my life!
I could go on and on about my wedding. It was an amazing experience and I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful day!